Change of residence permit (from business to blue card)


I have a company here (s.r.o) in Slovakia. The directors of the company are my wife and me. Can I be employed by my own company and apply for EU Blue Card? I think it’s possible.


According to the Slovak law, you can be an employee of your company. 

But as a foreigner, you must have just one purpose of your residence permit. So, you have to ask the foreign police for the change of your residence permit for the purpose of employment (blue card) and then delete you as the director from the Commercial register. If you are interested in our legal services, do not hesitate to contact us (, +421 915 046 749).