Payment of an accommodation before the residence permit is granted


What I need to know is about the accommodation. I can’t just rent a house or a flat and pay for it when applying while I don’t even know my partner will get the residence permit or not. Do we actually need to rent a house and pay for it before we know the outcome of our application?


An applicant has to prove the accommodation when submitting an application for the residence permit. So it means that he has to submit either the lease contract or other document (e.g. a statutory declaration of an owner). So if the owner of the premises wants to pay for the accommodation right now (before the residence permit is granted), it is up to your agreement with him. The applicant must prove that he has an accommodation for at least 6 months after the residence is approved (not after submitting the application). The husband and wife must have the same address in Slovakia.