Permanent and temporary residence permit
Our Law Office provides comprehensive services in the area of Immigration Law, especially for obtaining a residence permit for foreigners in Slovakia. The most common way how to obtain a permit for foreigner in Slovakia is for the purpose of business. An associated additional actions, such as obtaining a trade license or services related to the establishment of the company. We are ready to arrange everything necessary for you, place yourself in the hands of professionals.
- preparation of all documents within 48 hours
- comprehensive services in the area of Immigration Law
- 50% discount from the court fees
Temporary residence of foreigner in Slovakia
Temporary residence authorizes the foreigner to stay, to travel and re-enter the territory of the Slovak Republic during the period for which it was issued by the police department.
A foreigner can obtain a temporary residence in the Slovak Republic, for example, for the purpose of business, employment, study or family reunification. Likewise, the police department may grant temporary residence in the SR foreigner who has the status of a Slovak living abroad as well as who has the status of long-term resident in another member state.
Length of granted temporary residence in the SR depends on the purpose of stay. For the purpose of business the police department shall grant temporary residence to a maximum of 3 years, for the purpose of employment to a maximum of 2 years, for the purpose of study to a maximum of six years, for the purpose of family reunification to a maximum of 5 years.
The application for granting temporary residence foreigner administers either 1) personally abroad at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in the state which issued the travel document or 2) at the embassy accredited to the country in which he resides or 3) at the Alien Police Department in Slovakia. Please note that the foreigner must with the application for temporary residence also submits all the necessary documents otherwise the embassy or the police department does not accept the application. Therefore, it is necessary to have all the papers in order. Foreigner submits the competent authority valid passport, two photographs measuring 3 x 3.5 cm and other documents (not older than 90 days, apostilled or superlegalized) proving especially his integrity, purpose of stay, financial coverage of the stay and business or provision of accommodation in Slovakia.
Our services related to the temporary residence permit in Slovakia
- preparation of the necessary documents to obtain temporary residence of foreigners in Slovakia
- advice on securing the necessary documents
- assistance in opening bank account
- personal participation with foreigner on the Alien Police Department when applying for a temporary residence permit
- the receipt of a residence permit
- assistance in the fulfillment of the conditions after obtaining the residence (obtaining a medical opinion / provision of medical examination, registration for health insurance etc.)
- representation in the appeal process in case of deniance of residence
- foreigner registration in the commercial / trade register in obtaining residence for the purpose of business (we offer 50% discount on certain administrative and court fees)
- establishment of company or trade
- virtual office for the company
- obtaining visas to enter Slovakia
- other required services
Fees for the temporary residence permit in Slovakia
A foreigner may apply for a temporary residence for the purpose of business if he does or will do business in the territory of the Slovak Republic as a natural person or is acting resp. will act in behalf of a company or cooperative and is not in an employment relationship.
The first form of business if financially less demanding.
Please note that because we have a qualified electronic signature, certain administrative and court fees are with 50% discount.
- preparation of the necessary documents to obtain temporary residence
- fee paid to the Aliens Police
- fee for issuing a residence card
- escorting foreigner in the Aliens Police upon application for a temporary residence permit
- communication with employees of the Aliens Police during the period for deciding on the granting of temporary residence
- participation in the examination of the Aliens Police at the residence of foreigner
- in the case of temporary residence for the purpose of business application for registration of a foreigner in the commercial register
- in the case of temporary residence for the purpose of business the fee for registration of a foreigner in the commercial register
- in the case of residence for the purpose of business notice of changes to the competent tax office
- advice and assistance in securing health insurance
- personal participation with a foreigner in order to perform medical examination
- in the case of interest in our services discount on our prices for additional persons
Long-term residence of foreigner in Slovakia
Long-term residence is granted for an unlimited period. A foreigner does not have to be family member of citizen of Slovakia to have the right to submit an application for this kind of residence. The police department shall grant long-term residence to a foreigner who resides in the Slovak Republic legally and continuously for five years immediately preceding the application or who has five years of legal and continuous residence in the territory of EU member states as a blue card holder and resides in the territory of the Slovak Republic as a blue card holder at least two years immediately before the application. There are also other reasons for granting long-term residence. For more detailed information please contact our Law Office.
Permanent residence of foreigner in Slovakia
Permanent residence can be obtained from 5 years to an unlimited period. It is given especially to those who are family members of citizens of Slovakia (spouse, child, other relatives), but also in other cases (eg. if it is in the interest of the Slovak Republic).
Our services related to the permanent residence permit in Slovakia
- development of necessary documents to obtain a permanent residence permit of a foreigner in Slovakia
- advice on securing the necessary documents
- personal participation with foreigner at the Aliens Police Department when applying for permanent residence
- acceptance of a residence permit
Other related services connected with the residence permit in Slovakia
- We provide you with the address to obtain residence in the Slovak Republic
- Assistance in ensuring the health inspection for the purpose of obtaining residence
- Registration in health care insurer
- We provide you with certified translations, apostille
- We cooperate with a real estate agents, we can help you find a suitable premises for housing or business
- Legal services and advice on extended residence
- Other services as requested by the client
References from clients
I Just wanted to say a big thank you for helping me get my residency here in Slovakia, Barbora and I appreciated it so much and I’m glad that I can be here with her and without worry! Thank you again for your hard work.
Questions from the legal advice room
My brother and I are interested in understanding our abilities to become Slovak citizens.Our father was born and grew up in Slovakia,...READ THE REPLY
The application for the residence permit in Slovakia was submitted in Bratislava. The residence permit is still not granted. Meantime,...READ THE REPLY