Who can apply for a certificate of a Slovak living abroad According to Act no. 474/2005 Coll. is a Slovak living abroad „a person...READ THE ARTICLE
Work permit in Slovakia
Our Law Office provides comprehensive services related to employment of foreigners in Slovakia.
Contact me in the matter:Work permit in Slovakia – from 1 500 €
Basic information on the procedure of employment of foreigners (from third-countries) in the Slovak Republic:
Please be aware that we are not a personal agency, we cannot provide jobs. First, the foreigner has to find a job! Then, he/she can contact us to arrange the residence permit.
The first step in the process of employment of foreigners in Slovakia has been associated with reports of the vacancy to the competent labour office, which has a period of 30 days for the employer to find a suitable candidate among Slovak citizens. If not, the employer may conclude with an employee (foreign national) employment contracts, resp. he issue a promise of employment. After 30 working days of reporting a vacancy, it is possible to submit an application for a residence permit. In this case, the residence permit is granted for a maximum of two years.
In case of the recruitment of highly qualified employees with higher educational attainment, granting the blue card at Alien Police is needed. Blue Card shall police department grant for a maximum period of three years. Monthly salary need to be at least 1.5 times of the average monthly salary in the economy of the Slovak Republic in the appropriate sector.
- Comprehensive service related to employment of foreigners in Slovakia
- We are a law firm, we respond immediately to any client requirements
- We speak fluent English and Russian
- Call us at +421 2 4333 3509 or send an e-mail to our address firstname.lastname@example.org
When is also the obtaining of a work permit required
A work permit for a citizen of a third-country is required if:
- will be employed for seasonal employment max. of 180 days within 12 consecutive months
- will be employed as a seaman on ships registered in the Slovak Republic or on a ship that flies the flag of the Slovak Republic
- has been granted temporary residence for the purpose of family reunification in the period up to 12 months from the granting of temporary residence for family reunification,
- has been granted temporary stay of a third-country citizen who has the status of long-term resident in the Member State of the European Union in the period up to 12 months from the start of the stay in the Slovak Republic,
- is in employment relationship with employee who has residence or residence of organisational unit with labour law identity from outside the Slovak republic and who sends him to perform work in the Slovak republic based on employment contract concluded with legal or natural person,
- it is stipulated in an international treaty by which the Slovak republic is bound.
Employment of citizens of the European Union / European Economic Area
When employing citizens of EU / EEA, the employers have obligations in relation to the Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family. Duty is to inform the creation of employment or secondment. The termination of employment has to be also informed to the Labour Office.
Our services related to employment of foreigners in Slovakia
- legal services in ensuring the recognition of the education
- preparation of the necessary documents to a request for temporary residence for employment purpose/ Blue Card
- advice on securing the necessary documents and checking the fulfilment of conditions
- notification of the vacancy to the Labour Office and related services
- fulfilment of obligations in relation to the Labour Office
- other services based on client requirements
Other related services
- Obtaining a residence permit for foreigners from outside the EU in Slovakia
- Legal services and advice on obtaining visas to enter Slovakia
- Legal services and advice on the acquisition of citizenship
- Legal services and advice on doing business in Slovakia
Medical checkup for foreigners
If a foreigner reach the residence permit, he have to attend the medical checkup for the foreign police. You can visit these providers of medical control for foreign police:
Examination of foreigners in Bratislava is available every day at: Poliklinika Ružinov, Agel Clinic, Ružinovská 10, Bratislava.
- We also examine larger groups of people every day
- 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- even without an appointment, if you need an exact date and time, call 0948350123
- payment on the spot in cash or by card
- all examinations in one day
- medical report within 7 working days
- we are an accepted outpatient clinic by the foreign police
- We examine people from 15 years of age and older. Younger children are examined only in Nitra and Zvolen
Examination of foreigners KOŠICE is provided at the AGEL Hospital Košice – Šaca.
- we examine foreigners every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., it is possible to come even without an appointment to the address: Agel Hospital Košice-Šaca, Lúčna 57, Diagnostic Centre, 1st floor.
- Payment is possible in cash or by card directly at the outpatient clinic
- all examinations in one day, X-ray directly at the clinic
- medical report will be issued within 7 working days
- we are an outpatient clinic accepted by the foreign police
- we examine children only in Nitra and Zvolen, in Košice we examine only adults (from 18 years of age).
Medical check-up for the purpose of issuance of a report for the Foreign Police, confirming that the foreigner is not suffering from any disease that endangers public health.
- we will examine you also without appointment
- we can make individual appointments for larger groups
- all examinations in a single day
- medical check-up report within 5 working days
- we examine also children
- we are the outpatient clinic accepted by the Foreign Police
References from clients
I engaged AKMV Laf Firm for assistance with renewal of my temporary residency. As expected, the process was not entirely straightforward, and the expert knowledge and experience of AKMV was crucial to both a successful application and providing reassurance to me with what could have been a stressful time. As such, I arrived at the Foreign Police with all the correct documentation and the application was made quickly and without difficulty. Follow-up requirements from the Foreign Police were quickly and precisely addressed by AKMV. The successful application was advised once approved. I have not hesitated to recommend AKMV to other foreigners and will seek their assistance for my immigration needs in the future.
I Just wanted to say a big thank you for helping me get my residency here in Slovakia, Barbora and I appreciated it so much and I’m glad that I can be here with her and without worry! Thank you again for your hard work.