Immigration is a very timely topic. Our Law Office regularly receives a number of requests concerning how to immigrate to...READ THE ARTICLE
Work permit in Slovakia
Our Law Office provides comprehensive services related to employment of foreigners in Slovakia.
Contact me in the matter:Work permit in Slovakia – from 1 200 €
Basic information on the procedure of employment of foreigners (from third-countries) in the Slovak Republic:
The first step in the process of employment of foreigners in Slovakia has been associated with reports of the vacancy to the competent labour office, which has a period of 30 days for the employer to find a suitable candidate among Slovak citizens. If not, the employer may conclude with an employee (foreign national) employment contracts, resp. he issue a promise of employment. After 30 working days of reporting a vacancy, it is possible to submit an application for a residence permit. In this case, the residence permit is granted for a maximum of two years.
In case of the recruitment of highly qualified employees with higher educational attainment, granting the blue card at Alien Police is needed. Blue Card shall police department grant for a maximum period of three years. Monthly salary need to be at least 1.5 times of the average monthly salary in the economy of the Slovak Republic in the appropriate sector.
- Comprehensive service related to employment of foreigners in Slovakia
- We are a law firm, we respond immediately to any client requirements
- We speak fluent English and Russian
- Call us at +421 2 4333 3509 or send an e-mail to our address email@example.com
When is also the obtaining of a work permit required
A work permit for a citizen of a third-country is required if:
- will be employed for seasonal employment max. of 180 days within 12 consecutive months
- will be employed as a seaman on ships registered in the Slovak Republic or on a ship that flies the flag of the Slovak Republic
- has been granted temporary residence for the purpose of family reunification in the period up to 12 months from the granting of temporary residence for family reunification,
- has been granted temporary stay of a third-country citizen who has the status of long-term resident in the Member State of the European Union in the period up to 12 months from the start of the stay in the Slovak Republic,
- is in employment relationship with employee who has residence or residence of organisational unit with labour law identity from outside the Slovak republic and who sends him to perform work in the Slovak republic based on employment contract concluded with legal or natural person,
- it is stipulated in an international treaty by which the Slovak republic is bound.
Employment of citizens of the European Union / European Economic Area
When employing citizens of EU / EEA, the employers have obligations in relation to the Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family. Duty is to inform the creation of employment or secondment. The termination of employment has to be also informed to the Labour Office.
Our services related to employment of foreigners in Slovakia
- legal services in ensuring the recognition of the education
- preparation of the necessary documents to a request for temporary residence for employment purpose/ Blue Card
- advice on securing the necessary documents and checking the fulfilment of conditions
- notification of the vacancy to the Labour Office and related services
- fulfilment of obligations in relation to the Labour Office
- other services based on client requirements
Other related services
- Obtaining a residence permit for foreigners from outside the EU in Slovakia
- Legal services and advice on obtaining visas to enter Slovakia
- Legal services and advice on the acquisition of citizenship
- Legal services and advice on doing business in Slovakia
References from clients
Questions from the legal advice room
I would like to ask for information on how a person's integrity and a documented extract from the FBI's criminal...READ THE REPLY