Sole trader registration in Slovakia

We would be pleased to help, advise and arrange everything necessary for you.

from 150 € including fees
5 days average procedure time
I am interested

Our services in relation to the Sole Trader registration in Slovakia

The legislation which deals with a trade business is statute No. 455/1991 as amended (Statute of Trade business). It rules that every legal person or natural person who wants to set up a business which is classified as a trade business must obtain a Trade Permit Certificate. For your better understanding, provisions §3 and §4 of the Statute of Trade Business qualify what kind of activity is a trade. Or you can turn to us. We would be pleased to help, advise and arrange everything necessary for you. If you would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

  • providing complex legal services and advice about the process of establishing a trade,
  • preparing all the required documents in a professional manner,
  • providing support and assistance with the establishment of a trade, qualifying as a trade in accordance with law,
  • notifying to the Trade Licence Office

The legislation distinguishes between 3 kinds of trades. This distinction is important as the legislation sets out different conditions for getting a Trade Permit Certificate: 

  1. Unqualified trades – general conditions for performing a trade.
  2. Manufacturing trades – in addition to general conditions, it is required to obtain a special technical qualification.
  3. Permitted trades – in addition to general conditions, it is required to obtain special training or experience. 

General conditions of establishing a trade:

  • Majors (minimum age 18)
  • Legal capacity
  • Security clearance 

A trader must notify the District Office (Trade Licence Department) which examines if the conditions required for getting a trade permit certificate have been fulfilled.

If it is fulfilled, they issue a Trade Permit Certificate within 3 working days from the date of notification. A trader can notify in person at the local District Office (depending on the place of residence and the place of business) or by electronic form. 

The Trade Licence office as a one contact centre will notify the formation of a trade permit certificate to the Health insurance company instead of you.

Medical checkup for foreigners

If a foreigner reach the residence permit, he have to attend the medical checkup for the foreign police. You can visit these providers of medical control for foreign police:

Examination of foreigners in Bratislava is available every day at: Poliklinika Ružinov, Agel Clinic, Ružinovská 10, Bratislava.

  • We also examine larger groups of people every day
  • 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
  • even without an appointment, if you need an exact date and time, call 0948350123
  • payment on the spot in cash or by card
  • all examinations in one day
  • medical report within 7 working days
  • we are an accepted outpatient clinic by the foreign police
  • We examine people from 15 years of age and older. Younger children are examined only in Nitra and Zvolen

Examination of foreigners KOŠICE is provided at the AGEL Hospital Košice – Šaca.

  • we examine foreigners every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., it is possible to come even without an appointment to the address: Agel Hospital Košice-Šaca, Lúčna 57, Diagnostic Centre, 1st floor.
  • Payment is possible in cash or by card directly at the outpatient clinic
  • all examinations in one day, X-ray directly at the clinic
  • medical report will be issued within 7 working days
  • we are an outpatient clinic accepted by the foreign police
  • we examine children only in Nitra and Zvolen, in Košice we examine only adults (from 18 years of age).

Medical check-up for the purpose of issuance of a report for the Foreign Police, confirming that the foreigner is not suffering from any disease that endangers public health.

  • we will examine you also without appointment
  • we can make individual appointments for larger groups
  • all examinations in a single day
  • medical check-up report within 5 working days
  • we examine also children
  • we are the outpatient clinic accepted by the Foreign Police

References from clients

241 reviews on Google

Civil association establishment in Slovakia

I am from Germany and I am currently living in Kosice. I would like to establish a civil association here...


Directors of the Slovak companies must check their mailboxes on

I am the executive of the Slovak legal entity. I was informed that my company has a mailbox at and I have to...

View all of the same field of law