Communication with public authorities will be secured via pages slovensko.sk (Central Government Portal box), as well as the electronic delivery...READ THE ARTICLE
Temporary stay of a foreigner for the purpose of doing business
Our law office offers complete legal services for foreigners in obtaining temporary residence for the purpose of doing business. From the preparation of documents, the establishment of a business or a company, through personal assistance at the foreign police to receiving a residence card.
Kontaktujte ma vo veci:Temporary stay of a foreigner for the purpose of doing business – od 1 500 €
Popisek do formuláře…
Application for granting the residence
The application for the granting of temporary residence is submitted by the national of a third country (hereinafter referred to as the “applicant”) in person at the police department, if he is staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic legally (legal representation based on a power of attorney is not possible, neither by a lawyer nor by another person, personal participation is necessary).
On the territory of the Slovak Republic, an application for the granting of a temporary residence for the purpose of doing business can only be submitted by foreigners who are here legally within the framework of visa-free travel or are staying in Slovakia on the basis of a type D visa. If a foreigner has a type C visa, he cannot submit an application on the territory of the Slovak Republic for the granting of residence. If a foreigner cannot apply for a residence permit in Slovakia, he/she applies at the embassy in the country of which he/she is a citizen or in which he/she has a registered residence.
The application is submitted on an official form. When submitting an application for a temporary residence permit, a third-country national is required to submit a valid travel document and all the requirements for a temporary residence permit application established by law, otherwise the embassy or the police department will not accept the request for a temporary residence permit. If the embassy or police department does not accept the request for temporary residence, it will provide the third-country national with written information about which documents he must attach to the request for temporary residence in order for his request to be accepted. An embassy or a police department will only accept a request for temporary residence for the purpose of employment if the national of a third country does not present a valid travel document.
Frequently asked questions
To a foreigner who does or will do business in the territory of the Slovak Republic as a natural person (entrepreneur), or acts or will act on behalf of a business company or cooperative and is not in an employment relationship. The second case applies to a person who was appointed, for example, as a company manager by the decision of the general assembly of a Slovak trading company.
- valid travel document
- two color photographs with dimensions of 3 x 3.5 cm showing the current form
- stamp worth EUR 232 EUR 24.50 for the proof of residence EUR 3 stamp for delivery of the proof of residence to the specified address (if the application is submitted at the embassy, the fee for submitting the application for residence is EUR 240)
The following documents not older than 90 days:
- if a foreigner will act as a statutory officer of a commercial company: if it is a functioning company, it is necessary to provide (i) an extract from the commercial register, it is sufficient from the Internet, it does not need to be translated, the original can be used for legal acts and (ii) the minutes of the general meeting with verified signatures of the partners on the appointment of the applicant as a statutory officer (e.g. manager of an s.r.o., chairman / member of the board of directors of a.s.) as soon as he is granted residence on the territory of the Slovak Republic, otherwise a business plan is submitted. If it is a foreigner from the OECD countries, he can be registered in the commercial register as a statutory shareholder even without residence in the Slovak Republic, and therefore it is necessary to provide an extract from the commercial register, in which he will already appear, and the appointment minutes are not attached.
- if the foreigner will work as a self-employed person: a certificate from the trade register is provided
- if the applicant is the owner of the apartment in the territory of the Slovak Republic, he must provide an extract from the title deed (it is enough from the Internet), it does not have to be used for legal acts. If the applicant is renting, he must provide either a rental agreement with verified signatures of all owners and a foreigner, or an affidavit from the owners about the provision of accommodation.
- extract from the criminal record of the mother country as well as from the country where he stayed for more than 90 days during the last 6 months three years back. Extracts must be apostilled / superlegalized and officially translated into Slovak by a Slovak translator.
- confirmation of the balance in the bank account in the name of the applicant confirming financial security in the amount of at least 12 times the subsistence minimum (from 01.07.2020 to 30.06.2021 the subsistence minimum is EUR 214.83), i.e. less than 2,600 EUR
- confirmation of the balance in the business account kept in the bank under the business name s.r.o., confirming financial security in the amount of at least 100 times the subsistence minimum, if he will do business as a registered member of a trading company (EUR 21,500), if the foreigner will operate as a self-employed person in the amount of 20 times the subsistence minimum (approx. EUR 4,300)
All documents in languages other than Slovak and Czech must be officially translated by a Slovak translator. If the official translation was made abroad, it will be verified by the relevant Slovak embassy in that country.
The police department will grant temporary residence for the purpose of doing business for the expected time of doing business, but for a maximum of three years. Please note that temporary residence is tied to one purpose.
If a national of a third country wants to perform a different activity than the one for which he was granted temporary residence, he must submit a new application for granting temporary residence. A third-country national who has been granted a temporary residence permit may study during the temporary stay. On the basis of the granted temporary residence, a foreigner can stay, travel and re-enter the territory of the Slovak Republic during the time for which it was granted to him by the police department.
In addition to the aforementioned financial security of a foreigner, we also state that a foreigner must, among other things, prove the financial security of his stay with a statement from his bank account established in the territory of the Slovak Republic or abroad. The law requires a balance on his account in the amount of the subsistence minimum (from 01.07.2020 to 30.06.2021 the subsistence minimum is EUR 214.83) for each month of stay; if the length of stay exceeds one year, he must prove financial security in the amount of twelve times the subsistence minimum. In the event that a foreigner applies for temporary residence for his child for the purpose of family reunification, he shall prove financial security for the residence in half the amount for this child.
In addition, the foreigner is obliged to prove the financial security of the business activity. For this purpose, he submits a confirmation of the balance in an account kept in a bank established for business purposes, which must not be identical to an account opened in the name of a natural person (foreigner), in the amount of:
- twenty times the subsistence minimum, if it is a national of a third country who will do business as a natural person,
- one hundred times the subsistence minimum, if it is a national of a third country who will do business as a statutory body of a legal entity (e.g. bank statement of the company).
If the confirmations are made in a foreign bank, turnover for the last 3 months is also documented.
The police department decides on the granting of a temporary residence with a later start date of the granted stay if it finds that, based on the document with which the national of a third country proves the purpose of the stay, the purpose of the stay will begin to be fulfilled later than the date of the decision on the application; this does not apply if the time between the police department’s decision to grant a temporary stay and the beginning of the purpose of the stay is less than 30 days. The beginning of the granted stay must always be 30 days before the day when the national of the third country will already fulfill the purpose of the stay.
Accommodation must meet the requirements according to § 62 letter f) Act no. 355/2007 Coll. on the protection, support and development of public health and on the amendment of certain laws and § 8 par. 1 of the decree of the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic no. 259/2008 Coll. on the details of the requirements for the internal environment of buildings and on the minimum requirements for apartments of a lower standard and for accommodation facilities. In accordance with the aforementioned, the living area of a lower standard apartment must be at least 12 m2 per user and 6 m2 for each other person who lives with him in the household. The useful area of an apartment of a lower standard must be at least 15 m2.
The document on securing accommodation must prove that the third-country national has secured accommodation for at least six months of temporary stay; if he applies for a temporary stay for a shorter period of time, he must provide proof of accommodation during the entire temporary stay. In the case of family reunification, a third-country national must prove that he has shared accommodation with the third-country national with whom he is applying for family reunification.
A national of a third country who has been granted a temporary residence permit must submit to the police department a medical certificate confirming that he does not suffer from an illness that threatens public health within 30 days of receiving the residence permit. Examination of foreigners for this purpose is provided by medicalcontrol.sk in 7 cities throughout Slovakia.
A foreigner does not have this obligation if:
- this is the granting of temporary residence for the purpose of fulfilling official duties by the civilian components of the armed forces
- it is a foreigner who has the status of a Slovak living abroad or
- it is a foreigner who has been granted the status of a person with a long-term residence in another member state
- and if it concerns a change in the type or purpose of stay.
A medical certificate confirming that he does not suffer from a disease that threatens public health must not be older than 30 days.
In the past, if a national of a third country was granted temporary residence for the purpose of doing business, he was obliged to submit, within 60 days of taking over the residence document, an extract from the commercial register of the natural person – entrepreneur, business company or cooperative that he stated in the application. Currently, a foreigner no longer has this obligation.
A citizen of a third country is obliged to submit a document confirming health insurance to the police department within 30 days of taking over the residence permit. If he does business as a self-employed person, he will be insured in the public health insurance system (that is, in one of these health insurance companies: VšZP, Union, Dôvera). If he is doing business as a charter member of a commercial company (executive, member of the board), he will be able to have commercial health insurance for a foreigner.
Foreigners can also get insurance directly on this link.
Temporary residence for the purpose of business can also be obtained after submitting a business plan for the implementation of an innovative project (startup). In the case of an innovative project, the foreign police will decide on the granting of a residence permit within a shortened period of 30 days.
A project proposal with an innovative nature should be approximately 5 to 10 pages long and should include the following particulars:
- identification of the applicant
- Professional requirements of the applicant, or project team
- Description of the innovative product/ process/ service
- Goals and schedule of the project
- Description and analysis of the market
- Customers and subscribers
- Financing and budget
- Strengths and weaknesses of the innovative intention
Other data (agreements on future contracts, information on intellectual property, certificates, certificates, etc.).
Local affiliation on the territory of the Slovak Republic
Temporary residence is arranged according to the address of the real estate, at the address of which the applicant is to have temporary residence – accommodation address. Therefore, the application is not submitted according to the place of business where the foreigner has a registered trade, or the registered office of the company on behalf of which he is doing business or will do business. If the property is located, for example, in Bratislava, it is processed at the Department of the Foreign Police PZ Bratislava, Regrútska 4, Bratislava 831 07, +421-9610-36999 (hereinafter referred to as the “police department”). Other departments of the foreign police on the territory of the Slovak Republic
Local affiliation by accommodation
OCP PZ Bratislava
Bratislava I. až V.
OCP PZ Dunajská Streda
Dunajská Streda, Galanta, Senec
OCP PZ Trnava
Trnava, Malacky, Pezinok, Piešťany, Senica, Skalica
OCP PZ Nitra
Nitra, Hlohovec, Partizánske, Topoľčany, Zlaté Moravce
OCP PZ Nové Zámky
Nové Zámky, Komárno, Levice, Šaľa
OCP PZ Trenčín
Trenčín, Myjava, Nové Mesto nad Váhom, Bánovce nad Bebravou, Ilava, Prievidza, Púchov
OCP PZ Banská Bystrica
Banská Bystrica, Banská Štiavnica, Brezno, Detva, Zvolen, Žarnovica, Žiar nad Hronom, Krupina
OCP PZ Rimavská Sobota
Rimavská Sobota, Rožňava, Lučenec, Poltár, Revúca, Veľký Krtíš
OCP PZ Žilina
Žilina, Považská Bystrica, Bytča, Čadca, Kysucké Nové Mesto
OCP PZ Košice
Košice I. až IV, Košice – okolie, Gelnica, Špišská Nová Ves
OCP PZ Michalovce
Michalovce, Sobrance, Trebišov, Humenné, Snina, Medzilaborce
OCP PZ Prešov
Prešov, Bardejov, Sabinov, Stará Ľubovňa, Poprad, Kežmarok, Levoča, Stropkov, Svidník
OCP PZ Ružomberok
Ružomberok, Dolný Kubín, Liptovský Mikuláš, Martin, Námestovo, Turčianske Teplice
Medical checkup for foreigners
If a foreigner reach the residence permit, he have to attend the medical checkup for the foreign police. You can visit these providers of medical control for foreign police:
Examination of foreigners in Bratislava is available every day at: Poliklinika Ružinov, Agel Clinic, Ružinovská 10, Bratislava.
- We also examine larger groups of people every day
- 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- even without an appointment, if you need an exact date and time, call 0948350123
- payment on the spot in cash or by card
- all examinations in one day
- medical report within 7 working days
- we are an accepted outpatient clinic by the foreign police
- We examine people from 15 years of age and older. Younger children are examined only in Nitra and Zvolen
Examination of foreigners KOŠICE is provided at the AGEL Hospital Košice – Šaca.
- we examine foreigners every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., it is possible to come even without an appointment to the address: Agel Hospital Košice-Šaca, Lúčna 57, Diagnostic Centre, 1st floor.
- Payment is possible in cash or by card directly at the outpatient clinic
- all examinations in one day, X-ray directly at the clinic
- medical report will be issued within 7 working days
- we are an outpatient clinic accepted by the foreign police
- we examine children only in Nitra and Zvolen, in Košice we examine only adults (from 18 years of age).
Medical check-up for the purpose of issuance of a report for the Foreign Police, confirming that the foreigner is not suffering from any disease that endangers public health.
- we will examine you also without appointment
- we can make individual appointments for larger groups
- all examinations in a single day
- medical check-up report within 5 working days
- we examine also children
- we are the outpatient clinic accepted by the Foreign Police
References from clients
I engaged AKMV Laf Firm for assistance with renewal of my temporary residency. As expected, the process was not entirely straightforward, and the expert knowledge and experience of AKMV was crucial to both a successful application and providing reassurance to me with what could have been a stressful time. As such, I arrived at the Foreign Police with all the correct documentation and the application was made quickly and without difficulty. Follow-up requirements from the Foreign Police were quickly and precisely addressed by AKMV. The successful application was advised once approved. I have not hesitated to recommend AKMV to other foreigners and will seek their assistance for my immigration needs in the future.
I Just wanted to say a big thank you for helping me get my residency here in Slovakia, Barbora and I appreciated it so much and I’m glad that I can be here with her and without worry! Thank you again for your hard work.