Permanent residence – third country nationals
Hi, I have a 2 years working Visa and work contract. I wish to apply for a permanent residence permit. If you can advice me how can apply. Thank you.
If you are a third country national and have a temporary residence permit for 2 years (for the purpose of employment, you can ask for the permanent residence permit after 5 years of your residence in Slovakia.
There are three types of the permanent residence in Slovakia.Permanent residence shall be:
- permanent residence for five years;
- permanent residence of unlimited duration;
- residence of a third country national with acknowledged status of a person with long term residence in the European Union (thereinafter referred to as the “long term residence”).
We do not have more information about your case, but probably the long term residence shall apply to your situation:
Long term residence shall be granted with unlimited duration. „A police department shall grant long term residence, if there are no reasons for the refusal of the application as per Art. 54 par. 2, to a third country national
- whose residence in the Slovak Republic territory is authorised and continuous during the period of five years immediately prior to the filing of an application;
- whose long term residence has expired as per Art. 55(e) or Art. 56(b), (c) or (d); or
- who has had a five-year authorised continuous residence in the territory of member states as a blue card holder and has resided in the Slovak Republic territory as a blue card holder for at least two years immediately prior to the filing of an application.“
So, you can ask for the permanent residence permit after 5 years of your temporary residence permit in Slovakia.